Welcome to League City MUNIRevs

MUNIRevs is League City's partner to manage and collect hotel occupancy taxes from Short Term Rentals. The City began using this new online registration system in December 2020.

If you operate a short-term rental property in League City, City Ordinance requires you to: 
  1. Register your property with the City and pay hotel occupancy taxes
  2. Obtain a short-term rental permit

How to Register Your Rental Property and Obtain a Permit

Step 1: Hotel Occupancy Tax Registration

  1.  Go to
  2.  Click on the green "Go" button on the left-hand side for New User Registration
  3. Go to User Profile screen
  4. Create your user profile and click "Continue to Business Profile" (orange button)
  5. Link to your account record by entering your 6-digit account number and MUNIRevs activation code. Letters were mailed with the code in February 2021.

Need assistance? If you do not have an account number or code, please contact MUNIREVS at 888-751-1911 or Unlimited phone and web support is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Step 2: Short Term Rental Permits

Short Term Rental Permits are issued by the City of League City Planning Department. Please create an account to apply for your STR permit through the City's new online permit portal.

  1. Go to
  2. Click Login or Register
  3. Create an account in the TylerEnerGov System and login
  4. Click "Apply" and search for the SHORT-TERM RENTAL Permit to fill out the application

If you have a question regarding a Short Term Rental permit, please contact the Planning Department at 281-554-1080 or email


Short Term Rental FAQs

How do I contact MUNIRevs for support?

Email and by phone at (888) 751-1911.

When are Hotel Occupancy Taxes Due? 

Hotel Occupancy Tax is to be remitted quarterly. Due dates are April 20, July 20, October 20, and January 20 of every year.  

What payment types are accepted by the City through MUNIRevs?

The City accepts ACH Debit, or e-check as well as the following major credit cards: Mastercard and Visa.

Can I schedule a payment in MUNIRevs?

For your security, MUNIRevs does not store any payment information in the system. You will need to enter your desired payment information each time you check out.

How do I amend a return?

Please e-mail support letting us know you need to file an amended return. In the email please include:

1) What city the amendment is for along with your six digit account number, and property owner name

2) Period you need to amend (i.e. Jan. 2017 form due Feb. 20th)

3) If you overpaid or underpaid your original form

4) Brief explanation as to why the form needs to be amended

Once MUNIRevs receives this email they will review your account and send you further instructions.

How do I access my tax forms?

Your tax forms will be available on the 1st day of the month following the last day of the tax period.

Can I manage multiple properties with one login?

Yes - to do so, click "Add or remove accounts from your user login by clicking here". You will need your 6 digit Account Number and MUNIRevs Activation Code to connect to an existing property record.

Can a property have more than one user?

Yes, each property can have an unlimited number of users. Each user is required to provide the 6 digit Account Number and MUNIRevs Activation code to be authorized to connect to an existing property record. 

How do I change the User on a property?

All users need to register, just as you did, by going to the home page for that jurisdiction (i.e. They will click on the "Go" button under "New Users". They will also need the 6 digit account number and Activation Code for the property.

I forgot my password. What do I do? 

From the Log In page, click the “Forgot your password” link and follow the instructions that will be e-mailed to the User’s registered e-mail address.

Do I have to login to MUNIRevs to see my alerts and reminders?

No. All alerts are e-mailed to your authenticated e-mail address. When you login to the system, you will also see any open alerts that need to be addressed in your Action Center. 

Can I renew or manage an existing hotel occupancy tax registration with the City through MUNIRevs?

Yes. Renewals for hotel occupancy tax will be initiated based upon the expiration date of each registration. You will be notified of available actions when a renewal requirement is upcoming.

Can I file a Zero File tax return through MUNIRevs?

To file a zero file tax form, select your tax form from your Action Center. Then, complete the required information on the remittance, including Gross Sales and any deductions. You will be prompted to confirm your desire to complete the return as a Zero File return.

I did not receive or misplaced the letter with my activation code. What do I do?

Contact MUNIRevs support at or (888) 751-1911 for assistance. You will need to confirm account details to be verified for the account. To protect the security on property accounts, you will need written (e-mail) permission from a registered owner or officer of the property for us to provide you with a new activation code.